House Managers are responsible for duties related to facility operations, resident care, activities, supervision of staff, shift coverage, inventory, purchasing and other duties as needed. The House Manager reports to the Executive Director.
- Assist the Executive Director in ensuring excellent resident care and that individual resident service plans are being adhered to on a consistent basis.
- Report immediately to Executive Director when resident presents with a change in condition and requires a change in the individual service plan.
- Maintain excellent communication and documentation for resident’s care, family concerns, staff, vendors and partners with the assistance of the Executive Director.
- Create and implement meal menus and resident activity calendars with the assistance of the Executive Director.
- Manage inventory, household and grounds maintenance, resident laundry and a maintain a clean facility with the assistance of the Executive Director.
- Provide oversight and supervision of staff and hold caregivers accountable for shift duties.
- Provide on-call caregiver coverage for the Executive Director as requested.
- Provide the Executive Director with weekly updates on resident care, staff and any concerns.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by Executive Director.
- Possess the desire to work with the elderly in an environment that upholds the Resident’s privacy, dignity, choice, independence and individuality.
- Good oral and written communication skills and proficient computer skills.
- Ability to provide oversight and supervision in an effective manner and to work well with others.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Meet requirements for Direct Care Attendant position:
- Must be free from active reportable airborne communicable disease and any impairment that would hinder the performance of the job
- Must not have criminal convictions or other criminal history that indicated behavior that may be potentially harmful to Residents
- Possess a genuine interest in the health and physical needs of the elderly residents living in the facility
- Have sufficient skills, training, experience and knowledge to serve the Residents in a manner that is consistent with the good practices of assisted living
- Have a willingness to learn
Education and Experience:
- Must be 21 years old or older, of good moral character and have the ability to make good judgements.
- Possess a high school diploma, 2 years college education is preferred.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Supervisory or management experience is preferred.